Agilent Technologies has introduced the fourth member of its lightwave component analyzer (LCA) series, which Agilent claims is the only turnkey test solution for cable TV or Radio over Fiber electro-optical component test.
The Agilent N4374B LCA offers accurate and traceable electro-optical S-parameter for transmitter and receiver test and is based on the widely used and well-known ENA-C series Agilent network analyzers. It replaces the industry-standard Agilent 8702 LCA.
In linear optical transmission systems, like cable TV or in Radio over Fiber applications, the performance of the electro-optical components is a key contributor to the performance of the overall transmission system. The N4374B LCA enables design engineers to design electro-optical transmitters and receivers with lowest distortion by offering specified phase accuracy in addition to high-amplitude accuracy.
Features of the Agilent N4374B lightwave component analyzer include:
- Accurate responsivity test with less than 0.8 dB uncertainty
- Specified absolute accuracy of absolute responsivity
- 75 Ohm support with minimum loss pad for cable TV applications
- Specified phase uncertainty
- Integrated optical average power meter
- Identical user interface and remote control across all new N437x LCA series
The new LCA is available with single or dual wavelength options at 1310 nm or 1550 nm. Pricing starts at $101,000.
More Broadband Direct: