Arris plans to be busy at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, sponsoring a general session panel of key industry leaders and the Expo Evening, as well as presenting five technical papers.
Meanwhile, Arris will demonstrate in its booth its wideband voice and data delivery systems (including its DOCSIS 3.0-qualified C4 CMTS and wideband voice and data modem products) and its Unified Video Management platform, featuring video-on-demand (VOD), digital program insertion (DPI), switched digital video (SDV), on-demand and linear addressable advertising insertion, and network PVR.
The company will also have its Live WorkAssure and ServAssure automated operational support systems (OSS) and Fair Bandwidth Management solution, which offers cable operators an unobtrusive tool to effectively avoid network congestion.
Arris will also demo solutions tailored for the small- to medium-size business marketplace, as well as its solution for fixed/mobile convergence (FMC) for HFC networks.
The general session breakfast panel on June 25 is called “Coming Soon to a Cable System near You,” and it will feature Arris CTO Ken Wright interviewing Comcast EVP John Schanz, Liberty Global CTO Balan Nair and Rogers EVP Dermot O’Carroll.
The five technical papers that Arris engineers will present are:
- “Carrier Ethernet Over DOCSIS: A Proposed Target Architecture for DOCSIS Service Providers” – Mike Emmendorfer, Arris’ senior director of solution architecture and strategy, office of the CSO
- “Revenue Assurance Opportunity: Managing Cable Fraud across Video and HSD” – Dan Rice, Arris’ VP of technology strategy, Advanced Technology and Services Group
- “Proactive Network Visibility: Mapping Is the OSS Final Frontier” – Robert F. Cruickshank III, Arris’ VP of operations and business support strategies
- “On the Evolution of the HFC Network and the DOCSIS CMTS: A Roadmap for the 2012-2016 Era” – Tom Cloonan, Arris’ chief strategy officer
- And “The OSS Lifeline” – Carl Bolin, senior regional technical operations manager for Bright House, and Robert Cruickshank, Arris’ VP of operations and business support strategies.
More Broadband Direct: