The Cable Center has named the members of its 2011 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee. The committee members will serve as the official ambassadors for the Cable Hall of Fame event and The Cable Center. The members of the committee are:
- Ann Carlsen, founder and chief executive officer, Carlsen Resources, Inc.
- Nick Davatzes, chief executive officer emeritus, A&E Television Networks
- John Evans, founder and chief executive officer, Evans Telecommunications Co.
- Glenn Jones, chancellor and chief executive officer, Jones International University
- Kevin Leddy, executive vice president, technology policy and product management, Time Warner Cable
- Gary Matz, senior vice president, government relations, Time Warner Cable
- Ron Meyer, president and chief operating officer, Universal Studios
- Bob Miron, retired chairman, Bright House Networks
- Terry O’Connell, executive vice president, operations, Midwest Region, Time Warner Cable
- Les Read, executive director, Cable TV Pioneers
- Brian Roberts, chairman and chief executive officer, Comcast Corporation
- Joshua Sapan, president and chief executive officer, Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
- Peter Stern, executive vice president, chief strategy officer, Time Warner Cable
- Ted Turner, chairman, Turner Enterprises
- David Van Valkenburg, chairman, Balfour Associates, Inc.
“This year’s Honorary Committee is comprised of some of the most respected leaders in the cable industry, and we are thrilled that they are able to work with us on this year’s Cable Hall of Fame Celebration,” said Larry Satkowiak, president and chief executive officer of The Cable Center.
The Cable Center will host its 14th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration during Cable Connection – Spring, a week of cable industry events uniting major industry associations, conferences and meetings in Chicago, June 14-16, 2011.
The event will take place June 14 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers, in conjunction with the National Cable and Telecommunication Association’s (NCTA) Cable Show.
The Cable Center will also bestow its inaugural Bresnan Ethics in Business Award during the Cable Hall of Fame Celebration.