The Cable TV Pioneers organization has announced the new members of their Class of 2011. The candidates will be formally inducted into the organization at the group’s annual dinner starting off the NCTA Cable Show.
This year’s class includes pioneering local operators, MSO executives, engineers, technologists, programmers, media experts and financiers from across the United States and Canada.
The basic requirement for a nominee to be considered for selection is to have worked for a minimum of 20 years in the cable television industry. Candidates must also have made significant and meaningful contributions to the success and development of the cable industry.
Over the years, the Cable TV Pioneers have welcomed more than 550 members into their ranks. This year’s theme is “Grand Reunion,” as the dinner in the Red Lacquer Ballroom at Chicago’s Palmer House Hotel is the same venue as the group’s first dinner held in 1967.
The Pioneer Class of 2011:
- Ellen M. Cooper – Media consultant
- Terry M. Cordova – Suddenlink Communications
- Randy Elliot – Shaw Communications (retired)
- Michael T. Fries – Liberty Global Inc.
- Richard ‘Rick’ Howe – Winstone Management
- Jeffrey R. Huppertz – Tellabs Inc.
- Arthur ‘Skip’ Kraus – Kraus Electronic Systems Inc.
- William D. Myers – Starz Entertainment
- Steven D. Neu – Mountain Zone Cable Systems
- Steven K. Richey – 4Cable TV Inc.
- Eileen Rivard – Eileen Rivard Event Management
- William H. Roedy – MTV Networks International (retired)
- Cathy Serksnas – Lavender Industries