NXP Semiconductors N.V. has introduced its newest NTAG DNA tag solutions that deliver privacy enabled, multi-layered security for NFC and IoT authentication applications. The NFC Forum-certified NTAG 424 DNA and NTAG 424 DNA TagTamper delivers cutting-edge security and privacy features, making it possible to confidently authenticate products and goods at scale. These NFC tags provide cost-effective product protection and channel authentication for the fashion, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, electrical appliances, and many other consumer and industrial goods markets – throughout the supply chain.
With the new NTAG 424 DNA brands can now effectively fight counterfeit and grey market activities at a cost level that allows mass market deployment of advanced NFC tags. By securely connecting goods to the IoT with multi-layered security including privacy protection features, brands for the first time can also combat data fraud such as IP theft, tampering and data breaches. In addition, manufacturers benefit from delivering a secured and truly personalized mobile user experience that attracts, entertains and retains customers.
The new chip generation offers state-of-the-art features for security and privacy protection. The NTAG 424 DNA is architected to provide AES-128 cryptographic operation, new SUN authentication mechanism upon each read-out by an NFC enabled mobile device, as well as sensitive data protection with crypto-secure access permissions. This enables the most advanced product and content protection, plus secured and unique user experiences served in real-time.
The NTAG 424 DNA TagTamper tags go further and facilitate even more customized engagements by serving up status-aware, relevant consumer messages once the tag’s seal on a label or container has been broken.
- Standards-based AES-128 encryption for authentication/secure messaging, or an alternative LRP-wrapped AES protocol for even higher attack resistance.
- Secure Unique NFC (SUN) message authentication for advanced tag and data protection, useable with Android and iOS mobile devices.
- On-chip secure data storage, accessible with 3-pass mutual authentication and encrypted data transfer.
- Privacy-protected user data via Random ID and encrypted UID/data to enable compliance with latest data privacy regulations.
- Attack-resistant hardware design to avoid data breaches and cloning.
- Optional tamper protection with the NTAG 424 DNA TagTamper to securely detect if the tag seal remains intact for product integrity.
Both the NTAG 424 DNA and 424 DNA TagTamper are sampling now with select customers.