At the Cable-Tec Expo this week in Philadelphia, Cisco will display scalable, end-to-end network technologies that enable service providers to become “experience providers” as they capitalize on the delivery of the next-generation of digital media.
Some of the Cisco products, platforms and applications that will be on display include:
- Bandwidth enhancement to scale the network: Switched digital video (SDV) and addressable advertising; and QAM sharing – video and data capabilities of the Cisco RF Gateway Series and the bandwidth benefits of sharing QAMs for video and data.
- Bandwidth modeling tool: Defining the real-world bandwidth impact of service delivery decisions.
- Bandwidth enhancement for HFC upgrades, node-splitting and optics: Multi-Wavelength – use multiple 1310 nm wavelengths to carry unique content over a single fiber to deliver more broadband services without installing new fiber; Prisma DOCSIS-PON – future-facing fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network for easy deployment within a cable operator’s existing HFC plant; and digital services access manager (DSAM) – supports analog-to-digital conversion within multiple-dwelling units (MDUs) in an “all-digital” environment.
- Connected home components and demonstrations: Set-tops – Cisco next-generation set-tops and IP Services Gateway provide subscribers with access to more content on more devices and offer support for tru2way and digital transition initiatives, as well as MPEG-4 AVC, MoCA and expanded storage options; cross-platform Content Delivery System (CDS) – delivery of an increased quantity of content sourced via syndication from external content providers and media companies to the subscriber.
- Video quality and bandwidth utilization solutions – MPEG-4 AVC encoding, transcoding and decoding solutions to help cable service providers deliver efficient, high-quality transmissions of MPEG-4 AVC broadcast streams to legacy MPEG-2 set-tops.
- Business Services – Addressing new market opportunities with SMB Voice Solutions, Prisma IP optical transport solutions for cellular backhaul, and high-bandwidth commercial customers and Ethernet over DOCSIS.
- End-to-end DOCSIS 3.0 components and demonstrations – IP video, data, voice and wireless solutions, including DOCSIS 3.0 CMTS and Cisco voice/data modems and wireless gateways.
More Broadband Direct: