Renesas has introduced the RX65N Cloud Kit features onboard Wi-Fi, environmental, light and inertial sensors, and support for Amazon FreeRTOS connected to AWS. The kit is designed to make it easier for embedded designers to quickly create secure end-to-end IoT cloud solutions for sensor-based endpoint devices with connection to Amazon Web Services
The RX65N Cloud Kit provides an excellent evaluation and prototyping environment that enables users to build prototypes and then reuse the hardware and sample software as reference building blocks to accelerate their development schedules and increase ROI. Using Renesas’ e2 studio Integrated Development Environment, IoT applications can easily be created by configuring Amazon FreeRTOS, all the necessary drivers, and the network stack with component libraries. By employing Renesas’ browser-based software, users can visualize their sensor data using a smart device cloud dashboard to monitor a wide range of applications including networked smart meters, building, office, and industrial automation systems, as well as home appliances.
- RX65N R5F565NEDDFP 32-bit, 120 MHz MCU Target Board with 2 MB code flash memory and 640 KB SRAM; the MCUs feature Trusted Secure IP (TSIP) as part of their built-in hardware security engine
- Pmod Module with Silex SX-ULPGN Wi-Fi communications
- Cloud Option Board with two USB ports for serial communications and debugging, and three sensors for sampling and sending measurement data to the cloud
- Renesas e2 studio IDE which allows designers to:
- Create the latest Amazon FreeRTOS project from GitHub directory and immediately build it
- Set up Amazon FreeRTOS network stack and component libraries, like Device Shadow, without requiring detailed knowledge
- Embed additional functions (based on Amazon FreeRTOS) such as USB and file-system on the IoT endpoint device
You can also learn more about the RX65N Cloud Kit in this video.