Murata announces the PQU650 series of open-frame, 650 W-rated AC-DC power supplies by Murata Power Solutions. The PQU650 series offers the highest power-density product on the market, with forced-air- and convection-cooled ambient ratings. The power supplies offer a multitude of standard features including wide output voltage adjustment range, auxiliary power rails, and a high transient capability at a competitive price.
The high power density product, allows for no fan applications up to 70c amb (with derating), and the compact size makes them ideal for applications with size constraints. Optional connections are provided for a wide variety of applications and the PSU provides high power for short durations.
Applications include: industrial, medical, communications, test equipment, visual signage, broadcast, STE, stage lighting, PoE, and data communications
- Compact high-density design and thermal performance operation to:
- 450W convection at +50°C; no derating with input line voltage
- 650W with forced airflow at +50°C; no derating with input line voltage
- 800W “power boost” for 30 sec (at output start-up)
- Safety certification applicable to medical/Audio/Video/Communication and ITE standards
- +5VAux/Standby and 12V Fan outputs
- 4″ x 6″ industry standard footprint; “U” channel form factor with industry “standard” mounting footprints
- 40mm maximum overall “U” Channel height
- 42.7mm max overall height with cover
- Choice of screwed or pluggable connector variants
- High efficiency of 95% typical at 50% load