Broadcom Limited has announced it now offers a complete end-to-end optical PAM-4 platform enabling transceiver developments for 40GbE, 100GbE, 200GbE and 400GbE data center interconnects. The platform consists of the key building blocks needed to create an effective optical transceiver to support high-speed data communications between servers and switches for modern data center networks. The portfolio includes:
Industry Leading 56Gb/s PAM-4 PHY ICs
- High performance PAM-4 codec with FEC capability
- Robust 56Gb/s PAM-4 core used for 40G, 2x50G, 4x50G and 8x50G applications
Field Proven 56Gb/s VCSEL and PD Components
- Leading edge laser and photodiode (PD) technologies
- High volume manufacturing process
High Performance Laser Driver and TIA ICs
- High efficiency laser driver with pre-emphasis function
- Ultra low power and low distortion transimpedance amplifier (TIA) with equalizer
Micro Optics Lenses
- Unique parallel optics leveraging in-house wafer-based lithography and high precision glass-etching capabilities
- High quality multi-channel lenses for 2x50G, 4x50G and 8x50G applications
Broadcom will demonstrate multiple products based on its 56Gb/s PAM-4 PHY and VCSEL technologies and showcase the latest platform of optics and ICs designed for 40GbE, 100GbE, 200GbE and 400GbE data center interconnects in the Broadcom Booth 1264 at the Optical Fiber Communication (OFC) 2016 exhibition in Anaheim, California from March 22nd to 24th.
The post Complete end-to-end optical PAM-4 platform for 40/100/200/400GbE appeared first on Connector Tips.