MegaChips Corporation today announced production shipments of the MCDP2900, the industry’s most advanced audio-video converter –from DisplayPort to HDMI2.0b — featuring unprecedented user experience features like HDR and HDCP2.2 repeater functions. The power-optimized converter facilitates secured transmission of 4K60Hz High Dynamic Range (HDR) content between personal, mobile, and consumer electronics through USB Type-C and other digital display interfaces, giving consumers an exceptional viewing experience whether they are watching 4K premium HDR video on their living room TV or they are having a fully immersive gaming experience with a VR headset.
According to the 2016 Ericsson Mobility Report, video will account for 70% of all mobile traffic by 2021, an increase of 55% over the next 5 years. MegaChips’ new audio-video converter supports this considerable increase by providing key features that are essential for secure transportation, image enhancement and interoperability between content sources and displays. It uses some of the latest technology enhancements in multimedia content handling and facilitates seamless translation of deep and wide color (BT 2020) 4K60Hz HDR video and HDCP2.2 protected content between mobile PC, tablets and large screen displays.
The MCDP2900 implements several inventive features defined in the latest DisplayPort1.4 specification including the translation of HDR metadata, parsing of VSC SDP to determine BT2020 colorimetry format and conversion of AVI InfoFrame to HDMI, thus staying compatible with current and forthcoming graphics adaptors.
In addition, MCDP2900 supports RGB to YCC color space conversion, Bit-depth expansion, Chroma downscaling and horizontal blanking expansion for accurate color and timing conversion between mobile PCs and installed TVs.
- Advanced multimedia converter featuring latest DisplayPort and HDMI
technologies for rendering 4K60Hz audio-video with enhanced device security and
- Ultimate visual experience through HDR imaging and designated BT2020
colorimetry support for deep color media content playback
- Maximum bandwidth and flexibility to empower 4K2K60Hz USB Type-C to HDMI2.0b accessory (dongles, docking station) designs
- End-to-end HDCP2.2 security and true repeater function with embedded keys provide the highest security for protected content (Type 1/Type 0) transmission
- Secure boot, secure firmware update based on RSA 2048-bit signature generation and verification for uncompromised device security
- Programmable 5-tap H-V filter based Chroma down scaler with color bit depth expansion
- CEC tunneling over DisplayPort for single point remote control access to all connected CE devices
- Available in 64 LFBGA, 7x7mm package
The post Converter handles 4K60 HDR video with HDCP2.2 protection appeared first on Microcontroller Tips.