Cox Business, a division of Cox Communications, has made its Cox Business Security Suite available in all of its markets nationwide.
The free service, which is powered by McAfee SaaS security technology, was first launched in Cox’s Roanoke and Hampton Roads, Va., areas in April.
Among other features, Cox Business Security Suite includes:
- McAfee Site Advisor technology, a website safety advisor that uses simple color codes to identify risky websites so users can safely surf the Web and transact online
- Anti-virus, anti-phishing and anti-spyware software
- SaaS provides automatic updates and upgrades
- Firewall and identify theft protection
- Centralized Web-based management in the SecurityCenter console enables ease for IT administrators and office supervisors
- Customizable installations, reports and automatic updates
Managed services, such as online data backup, have become a sweet spot for cable operators who are offering commercial services.
Earlier this year, Cox expanded its Online Backup and Security Suite capabilities to all of its markets, and it’s looking at additional managed service offerings.
“Solutions such as Cox Business Online Backup and Cox Business Security Suite help prevent costly interruptions, protect critical data and preserve productivity,” said Kristine Faulkner, Cox Business’ vice president of product development and business. “Businesses of all sizes can gain peace of mind with extended capabilities from their trusted communications provider.”
Cox Business Security Suite provides automatic scans and updates to help ensure small business users are safe from ongoing online threats and cybercriminals. From the Web-based SecurityCenter console, users can centralize installation, configuration and reporting and can set policies and manage office groups or individual PCs, as well as customized reporting widgets and on-demand scans.
Customers will receive between two and 10 licenses based on their high-speed data tier package. If needed, a Cox Business data customer can purchase additional licenses in packages of five, 10, 15 and 25.