Murata launches its latest in a series of encapsulated DC-DC converters designed specifically for industrial, railway, and industrial mobility applications. The 50 watt we from Murata Power Solutions provides market-leading efficiency using the latest technology for fixed frequency switching power supply architectures, in an industry standard 1/16th brick pinout.
- Baseplate cooling
- Encapsulated mechanical design
- On/off logic control
- Output short circuit & overvoltage protection, along with, input under voltage lock out (UVLO) over temperature protection circuits
- Basic insulation with 2250 Vdc input-to-output isolation and a fully regulated DC output
- Includes modules with outputs of 3.3, 5 and 12 Vdc with up to 50 watts of output power
- The universal Vin range of 18 – 75 Vdc meets the requirements of EN50155 for nominal input voltages of 37.5 Vdc and 48 Vdc including brown out and transient conditions
With its wide 4:1 input range, the IRS-Q48 supports common bus voltages of 24 V, 28 V, 37.5 V, 48 V & 54 Vdc commonly found in industrial, industrial mobility and rail electronic systems. The electrical and mechanical design incorporates proprietary technology providing shock & vibration tolerance that meets or exceeds EN 61373:1999 Category 1, Class B, Body Mounted requirements. A 91 % efficiency allows the converters operate cooler and more efficiently.
The device is available with an option for a standard or a flanged baseplate for various conduction cooling configurations including cold wall mounting.