Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (Taiwan Stock Exchange: 2379.TW) has announced the world’s first highly integrated and smallest automotive Ethernet-based camera SoC solution, the RTL9020AA. This SoC integrates all functions required in a camera module, including Image Signal Processing (ISP), fisheye calibration, video compression (MJPEG/H.264), Ethernet MAC (with Audio Video Bridging), and 100BASE-T1 PHY. Target applications include rear-view and surround view camera systems.
Realtek is one of eighteen OPEN Alliance promoters promoting the adoption of single Unshielded Twisted-Pair Ethernet. The OPEN Alliance successfully established the IEEE 100BASE-T1 standard and expects that the 100BASE-T1 standard will be the mainstream high-speed network protocol in next generation vehicles. Through the release of the RTL9020AA, Realtek provides a competitive and complete automotive Ethernet solution that meets the increasing global demand for autonomous driving innovation. Realtek’s automotive Ethernet product portfolio now includes 100BASE-T1 PHY, 7-port Switch (integrated with 100BASE-T1 PHY), and a camera SoC.
Key features of the RTL9020AA:
- Target application: rear-view, surround view (360 degrees)
- High definition resolution: 720p (1280 x 720) 60fps, 1080p (1920 x 1080) 30fps
- Multiple IEEE standards supported
– IEEE 802.1AS, IEEE802.1Qat, IEEE802.1Qav, IEEE1722
– IEEE 802.3 100BASE-T1
- Fisheye calibration
- Image Signal processing: 2DNR (2D Noise Reduction), 3DNR (3D Noise Reduction), and HDR (High Dynamic Range) supported
- Both MJPEG and H.264 video compression supported
For more information about Realtek’s RTL9020AA at Automotive Ethernet Congress 2016, visit us at Hilton Munich Airport (Booth number 13), 3 February: 8:55 am~7:30 pm and 4 February: 9:00 am~4:45 pm, Munich, Germany.
The post Ethernet-based camera SoC for auto rear-view, surround view camera apps appeared first on Micro Controller Tips.