Avnet announced the availability of the Avnet RFSoC Development Kit using the Zynq UltraScale+ from Xilinx, Inc., enabling system architects to explore the entire signal chain from antenna to digital. Using MATLAB and Simulink from MathWorks, and RF components from Qorvo, the kit enables users to quickly deploy systems for 5G wireless communication, including for aerospace and defense uses, by harnessing the integration of Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoCs for direct-RF sampling.
Designers can now accelerate the path to production by characterizing data converters before SoC software is developed and perform over-the-air testing in MATLAB with live RF signals. The platform was designed in collaboration with MathWorks to work with their Free MATLAB Trial Package for Wireless Communications.
Specifically, the kit extends the functionality of the Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU111 Evaluation Kit by adding a Qorvo 2×2 Small Cell RF Front-end 1.8GHz Card for over-the-air transmission, plus a native connection to MATLAB and Simulink with Avnet’s RFSoC Explorer application.
Qorvo, a leading supplier of RF solutions, provides next-generation 5G system architectures with the latest RF devices, enabling superior performance of Avnet’s RFSoC Development Kit. Adding technology from Samtec expands the kit’s capability to connect, prototype, and deploy high-performance RFSoC solutions on a single platform.
Avnet will showcase the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC Development Kit during the Xilinx Developer Forum, Oct. 1-2, 2019, in San Jose, Calif. as a Diamond-level sponsor of the event.
Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU111 Evaluation Kit
- Rapid prototyping platform using the XCZU28DR-2EFFVG1517 device
- Supports 8x 4.096GSPS 12-bit ADCs, 8x 6.554GSPS 14-bit DACs, and 8 soft-decision forward error correction (SD-FECs)
- 4GB DDR4 memory for large sample buffer storage- On-board reference PLL (LMK04208) and RF PLLs (LMX2594) generate RF-ADC and RF-DAC sample clocks
Qorvo 2×2 Small Cell RF Front-end 1.8GHz Card
- Two channels, each with Tx, Rx, and DPD (Digital Pre Distortion) Observation path
- Features the new Qorvo QPA9903 0.5 Watt High-Efficiency Linearizable Power Amplifier
- Default tuning to LTE 1800 MHz FDD System
- Fast Rx Digital Step Attenuator and receiver protection circuit
Avnet RFSoC Explorer for MATLAB and Simulink
- Signal Capture & Analysis with MATLAB and Simulink
- Radio-in-the-loop co-simulation over gigabit Ethernet
The Avnet RFSoC Development Kit is available as of today for $9495. More details about the kit can be found online at: www.avnet.com/rfsockit.