With the latest release of the LDRA tool suite, LDRA delivers industry-first FACE Conformance Tool Suites, enabling cost-effective development and verification of high-assurance, FACE-conformant software. These new software tool suites uniquely automate the process of evaluating software for conformance with each version of the released FACE standard (e.g., version 2.1.1 and 3.0), while at the same time enabling developers to improve the quality of their software through traceability, static and dynamic code analysis, and unit and system-level testing.
LDRA is uniquely positioned to provide these capabilities to the aerospace and defense community. The company and its products have been used successfully in critical embedded software development for over 40 years, and nearly 100 programs requiring DO-178 B/C Level A assurance rely on LDRA tools. LDRA is a contributing participant to the FACE Committee Technical Working Group and Outreach Group and holds leadership roles in the DO-178 Committees, MISRA C and MISRA C++ Committees, and the working group for secure annex to the C language definition. In addition, the LDRA Certification Services Team provides certification support services (DER, Training, Consulting).
As a contributor to The Open Group FACE Consortium and the FACE Technical Standard, LDRA provides software tools and decades of experience that help military customers ensure FACE conformance and thereby achieve the FACE objectives of reducing lifecycle costs and time-to-field interoperable avionics systems on varying platforms.
LDRA Conformance Tool Suites for FACE V2.1.1 and V3.0 include these new capabilities:
- Integration of the 2.1.1 and 3.0 FACE Conformance Verification Matrix (CVM) into the LDRA tool suite
- FACE conformance workflow management
- Test management of the FACE coding standard and low-level test of pertinent FACE requirements
- Ability to address any of the FACE segments from the CVM
- Objective traceability from FACE architectural segments (e.g., IOSS, OSS, PCS, PSSS, TSS)
- Automated analysis of FACE requirements conformance through static code analysis
- Invocation and results capture of the 2.1.1 and 3.0 FACE Conformance Test Suite (CTS) for submission to FACE Verification Authorities
- Automatic documentation generation of FACE verification evidence
- Static and dynamic code analysis as well as automated test case generation, execution, and results capture, including structural coverage
The LDRA FACE Conformance Tool Suites are available now with the latest version of the LDRA tool suite (version 9.8.1). Contact sa…@ldra.com for more information or register for a free 30-day trial of the LDRA FACE v3.0 Conformance Tool Suite.