Variscite extends its highly successfully i.MX-based System-on-Module
The VAR-SOM-MX7 provides a variety of high-speed interfaces and connectivity options. This includes dual GbE and certified Wi-Fi/BT – all integrated within an optimized power, size and cost package. In addition, Variscite offers longevity of at least 10-years for the VAR-SOM-MX7, delivering an ideal solution for embedded applications requiring long-term availability for the end product.
The VAR-SOM-MX7 highly integrated connectivity includes a certified Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 / BLE, dual GbE with integrated PHY, dual USB, audio, display with touch panel, camera, PCIe, 32-bit parallel bus and multiple serial interfaces.
The VAR-MX7CustomBoard carrier board complements an attractive full reference kit of the VAR-SOM-MX7 SoM, which can be used for customers’ evaluation, development and end-product mass production.
VAR-SOM-MX7 key features include:
– NXP i.MX 7 dual 1000MHz ARM Cortex[TM]-A7
– Real-time 200MHz Cortex[TM]-M4 coprocessor
– Up to 2GB DDR3L and 512 MB NAND / 32 GB eMMC
– Dual 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet with integrated PHY
– Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1/BLE
– Display: 24-bit parallel RGB up to WXGA, MIPI DSI, EPD
– Touch screen controller
– Dual USB 2.0 (OTG/Host), PCIe
– Digital/analog audio in/out
– Camera input: Parallel, CSI
– 32-bit parallel external local bus
– Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, ADC, UART, SD/MMC
– Industrial temperature grade
– OS: Linux Yocto
The VAR-SOM-MX7 SoM and associated development kits are available now. Price starts at 39 USD for 1000 units.
The post SoM gangs dual 1GHz ARM Cortex-A7 core with 200 MHz Cortex-M4 coprocessor appeared first on Microcontroller Tips.