Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. has developed a piezoelectric vibrating gyroscope (improved version of the ENC series) with enhanced temperature drift* performance for improved angular velocity-sensing capability. Murata’s piezoelectric vibrating gyroscopes (ENC series) are used in indoor radio-controlled helicopters, and help to realize more stable flight.
The ENC series of piezoelectric vibrating gyroscopes produced and sold by Murata Manufacturing are mainly used for image stabilization in digital still cameras and digital video cameras. On the other hand, demand for gyro sensors for indoor radio-controlled helicopters has expanded since 2009, and Murata’s piezoelectric vibrating gyroscopes have also come to be used in these devices. The share for indoor radio-controlled helicopters currently accounts for approximately 90%, and the total shipped has passed the 30 million mark. Murata’s piezoelectric vibrating gyroscopes are highly rated in Japan, Europe, America, and China, and Murata has developed a piezoelectric vibrating gyroscope with the enhanced aircraft instability-sensing performance demanded by this indoor radio-controlled helicopter application to help realize more stable flight.
* Temperature drift
* The zero point (output voltage with the gyro sensor in the static condition) varies due to changes in the ambient temperature. This fluctuation amount is called temperature drift.
* One sensor detects rotation on one axis.
* Enhanced temperature drift performance required by indoor radio-controlled helicopters
Changes in output due to changes in the ambient temperature have been reduced to 50% or less (compared to the conventional Murata product) .
* Image stabilization for digital still cameras
* Image stabilization for digital video cameras
* Attitude control for indoor radio-controlled helicopters
* Motion detection for game controllers etc.
4.0 x 8.0 x 2.0mm
Factory Toyama Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Monthly production 7 million units
*Contact Murata Manufacturing separately for the mass-production price.