Peraso Technologies Inc., a leader in Wireless Gigabit (WiGig®) chipsets, today announced the availability of its W120 WiGig phased array chipset for consumer electronics. The W120 builds on the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGigTM W110 Chipset, with support for high-bandwidth applications such as wireless routers, VR devices, and wireless displays.
Key features of the Peraso W120 WiGig chipset include:
- – Blazing fast 4.6 Gb/s throughput
- – 802.11ad STA, PCP and AP support
- – Support for WiGig beam forming and beam tracking
- – Support for 8 high-performance Tx/Rx antennas
- – USB 3.0 interface
The W120 chipset offers users unparalleled flexibility with a variety of antenna configurations. Initial configurations include:
- – Multi-direction arrays providing full omni coverage for compact USB adapter form-factors
- – Multi-direction, multi-radio, arrays providing full omni coverage for desktop form-factors
- – High-performance patch arrays providing half omni coverage for display form-factors
The extremely high WiGig data rates, more than 5x that of 802.11ac, facilitates a host of applications not available through standard Wi-Fi connectivity. As Internet access quickly advances to gigabit data rates, WiGig wireless connectivity ensures that consumer electronic devices keep pace with the entire network. High throughput is critical for data-intensive, cloud-based applications. With the rapid growth of VR, WiGig is the only wireless technology that can provide a high resolution, no lag, wireless VR experience. Using WiGig, large media files are transferred between devices in a matter of seconds, not only providing the consumer with next generation convenience, but done so wirelessly.
The post Wireless Gigabit phased-array chipset handles 4.6 Gb/sec appeared first on Microcontroller Tips.