The National Cable & Telecommunications Association has revealed the winners of the industry’s “2006 Vanguard Awards,” which will be presented the evening of April 10 at the National Show in Atlanta.
By category, this year’s winners are:
• Distinguished Leadership: Glenn Britt, CEO, Time Warner Cable; and Judy McGrath, chairman and CEO, MTV Networks;
• Young Leadership: Kathryn Falk, vice president of public and government affairs, Cox Communications of Northern Virginia;
• Programmers: Henry Schleiff, chairman and CEO, Court TV;
• Associates and Affiliates: Paul Glist, Esq., Cole, Raywid & Braverman LLP, which provides legal help to NCTA, CableLabs and other cable interests;
• Science and Technology: Mike LaJoie, chief technology officer, Time Warner Cable;
• Cable Operations Management: Eric P. Brown, senior vice president, Western-division operations, Charter Communications;
• Government and Community Relations: Alexander Netchvolodoff, senior vice president, public policy, Cox Enterprises;
• Marketing: Dave Watson, executive vice president, operations, Comcast Cable.