Littelfuse, Inc. announced the availability of its latest C&K product — the MDMA Micro-D connector with removable crimp contacts. This unique design innovation allows end users to easily create custom cable harnesses, a feature not currently offered by any other Micro-D connectors on the market. No soldering or shrink tubing is required. (View the video.)
The MDMA-MDMB Connector Series is ideal for use in many harsh environment applications, including:
- Space equipment (flight & engineering model)
- Satellite harnesses
- Launchers and payloads
- Avionics / Military
- Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS) manufacturers
- Other high-performance applications
Key benefits include:
- Removable crimp contacts provide the flexibility to create or rework custom cable harnesses.
- Users can choose harness lengths to suit each unique application precisely.
- Saves valuable weight for space missions while enabling easy end-user installation.
- Eliminates the need for shrink tubing, typically used with solder bucket termination.
- Create custom harnesses with the choice of different wire types and sizes for each contact, as required.
- Compatible with existing Micro-D connectors and wire gauges from AWG24 to AWG28.
- Compliant with the ESA/ESCC 3401 specifications and is MIL-83513 compatible.
- Connectors not subject to outgassing.
The MDMA-MDMB’s high-performance Micropin™ contact system uses a “twist pin” spring male contact and tubular socket contact to provide removable crimp-type contacts that enable easy end-user installation and rework. Dedicated tools are available to make the retention test of each contact in the connectors and remove the contacts from the connectors for cable extraction.
Both connectors are available in 9, 15, 21, 25, 31, 37, and 51-pin versions in either nickel or gold plating. Order the contacts separately.