Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd. today announced that the Qualcomm Smart Audio Platform has been qualified by Amazon for the Alexa Voice Service (AVS). This leading-edge reference platform incorporates the hardware and software building-blocks required to facilitate rapid commercialization of smart speaker and networked audio solutions, and it is the first announced fully end-to-end audio processing and system reference design for AVS from a single vendor.
Key features of the Qualcomm Smart Audio Platform include 6 microphone Far-Field Voice and always-ready wake-word detection for highly responsive and precise voice activation, integrated Hi-Fi audio playback and post-processing algorithms for premium sound quality, Qualcomm® AllPlay™ multi-room networking solution for whole-home synchronized audio streaming, and advanced application processing capabilities for a customizable and responsive user experience.
“Demand for voice control in the home, workplace and even automobiles is rapidly gaining traction, and the Amazon Alexa Voice Service has been instrumental in establishing this new category,” said Anthony Murray, senior vice president and general manager, voice and music, Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd. “We are pleased to be the first fully certified single vendor end-to-end AVS platform and to be able to combine our proven audio capabilities into a fully integrated smart speaker reference platform with AVS to meet the requirements of customers seeking to rapidly create innovative, voice-controlled smart speakers and networked audio products.”
“We have been delighted to work with Qualcomm to facilitate the integration of the Alexa experience onto their Smart Speaker platform,” said Priya Abani, Director, the Alexa Voice Service, Amazon. “This will enable device makers to more quickly and easily build voice-enabled products, bringing more delightful voice experiences to customers.”
Key features of the Qualcomm Smart Audio Platform include:
- Quad-Core ARM A53 processor
- Integrated Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Audio DSP
- Dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi (1×1 and 2×2 options)
- Bluetooth 4.2 + Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Key profiles such as A2DP source/sink, AVRCP, SPP, HFP, PAN, NAP, AVCTP, AVDTP, PBAP, RSP / Wake on BLE
- High-performance audio encode/decode with Qualcomm® aptX™ and aptX HD
- Embedded Linux for an open development ecosystem
- Qualcomm Voice UI suite Far-Field Voice 6-microphone technology
- beamforming, echo cancellation, and noise suppression
- configurable voice activation engine tuned to recognize “Alexa”
- barge-in support and voice capture in high-noise environments
- Support for the Amazon Alexa Voice Service
- AllPlay networked audio solution (multi-room, multi-channel)
- Audio playback from a wide range of industry audio codecs including MP3, AAC, OggVorbis, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, PCM, ALAC
- High-performance Bluetooth/Wi-Fi coexistence for optimal audio performance
The Qualcomm Smart Audio development kit with support for the Amazon Alexa Voice Service is in production now. To view a live demo at CES 2018, please visit our booth at Central Hall #10948 or contact your Qualcomm Sales Representative to schedule an appointment.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.