The device which brings cable TV and high-speed internet into homes has a simple design but sports a couple of tricky secrets. Lee Teschler Executive Editor The cable modem still in its case. If you’ve got broadband internet from a cable company, it comes into your house through a cable modem. Estimates are that some $8.6 billion-worth of cable modems will be … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Latest Teardown Video
Today on EE World
- FAQ: What are the noisiest resistors?
- FAQ: What’s the difference between a clock and a real time clock?
- Non-volatile SRAM memory targets metering, automotive, industrial apps involving constant recording
- Ultra-low-power SoC development platform targets IoT applications
- Dual-port quad deserializer hub aggregates data from vehicular cameras
- High-speed RS-485/RS-422 transmitters include ±15 kV ESD protection
- RTOS for ARM-based SOCs supports EtherCAT Master protocol